Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Gardening Journey!

This year, I have committed to giving gardening a try.  I do not have a green thumb, but I am inspired by so many family members and friends who successfully garden and offer me the opportunity to taste their incredible harvest at the end of the season.  Their tomatoes, veggies, herbs, etc. are wonderful - I am looking forward to going out in the backyard to pick what I need for a meal and set a great example for my little one (I am sure he will be getting his hands dirty along with me!)

Also, after so much research with regards to chemicals and pesticides used on produce sold in the United States (I become more passionate every day about this topic), I know that growing my own veggies is the healthiest, most affordable solution for fresh organic food for my family. 

Since this blog was created to help you and I explore ways to elevate wellness in our lives, I believe that my gardening journey is an integral part of this... so, the good, the bad, the ugly - I plan to document it here.  Hopefully I can look back and be reminded of lessons that will make next years' gardening experience better than the last (and on from there)!  If you have tips and tricks for me, always feel free to comment or email me!

I also plan to post recipes that I pull from various resources (or that I create myself) using produce from my own garden or what is at its peak from the Farmers Market each week!!  (After all. let's be honest, I will have to start small in my garden!)

No comments: